Home > General News
During her last few weeks she received many visitors. Steady streams of young and old came to thank her for "saving their lives." Sr. Dolores is the one who had helped them find food, shelter, medical care and assisted them in the arduous citizenship process. Msgr. Timothy Dyer says of Sister, "She brought Christ to the neighborhood."read more
In preparation for our Spring 2013 issue of "Visions," we asked those on our email list to share their thoughts about Vatican II. Many thanks to all who responded with serious, poignant and funny memories! [Some have been edited for length and clarity.] There's an opportunity for you to add your memory at the bottom of this page.read more
Sr. Dorothy Stang's murder on February 12, 2005, in Anapu, Brazil.
To commemorate this day, we have a special report on how the day will be marked in Brazil and words of hope from Michele Murdock, author of "A Journey Through Courage: The Amazing Story of Sister Dorothy Stang."
"If the three wise men had been women...." Yes, you have probably smiled at this version of the story ... "they would have asked for directions, arrived on time, helped deliver the baby, cleaned the stable, made a casserole and brought practical gifts."
Here at the Province Center we have our own three wise women ... our three bearers of gifts.read more
Oh, only for so short a while you have loaned us to each other.
Because we take form in your act of drawing us,
And we take life in your painting us,
And we breathe in your singing us.
But only for so short a while have you loaned us to each other.
A proud native San Franciscan, Sr. Aileen (Barbara Julie) Donohue was born March 5, 1926, and died on August 8, 2011. Sr. Aileen attended and made lasting friendships at Notre Dame High School, San Francisco, then entered the Sisters of Notre Dame de Namur after graduating in 1944.read more
These members were awarded the President's Volunteer Service Award on July 15 and enjoy the knowledge that their hard work and service helped "promote and encourage education, community empowerment, leadership development and multicultural harmony." This service included helping students learn how to read and improve in math and teaching life skills to parents.
On the West Coast, Notre Dame AmeriCorps members are hard at work in the San Francisco Bay Area, Watsonville and Los Angeles.
This list includes resources available on our website that we think you'll find interesting and inspiring.
- SND timelines - highlights from the decades...one of our most popular web features!
- Visions newsletters - PDF versions of our colorful print publication
- Facebook Page - okay, this is not on our website, but we think it's a great way to connect, and it's fun!
- Stories about Sisters who are celebrating a Jubilee - find out who's brushing up on her Arabic, who's feeding the homeless in Santa Cruz, who's living in Rome and who's happy about the "blessing of aging."
- "Nourishing" slideshows created by Sr. Jeanette Braun, many with amazing photos and text by Sr. Jon Julie Sullivan
- Peace Prayer Room by Sr. Margaret Hoffman
- Sr. Dorothy Stang Novena - a thoughtprovoking novena written by Sisters Margaret Hoffman, Jacinta Martinez and Kay McMullen
- Circle of Prayer - add your prayers to this worldwide circle
- Our Reach & Teach storefront - for SND books and prints
- United Nations' Highlights by Sr. Jean Stoner