A Fair of the Arts 2018 is scheduled for November 10!
Thank you to all who attended the 2017 A Fair of the Arts and made purchases and contributions to benefit the Sisters of Notre Dame and their ministries in Africa and Latin America!
Nearly $17,000 was raised for our Sisters and their ministries in Africa and Latin America, including a $400 donation to the Sisters in Kenya for a new water well.
Congratulations to our major raffle winners for 2017:
- $1,500: Megan Morais
- $1,000: Claire Kimball
- $500: Patricia Bortle
The event featured works by local artists, as well as crafts and delicious baked goods made by the Sisters of Notre Dame de Namur, their Associates and other friends. A continental breakfast and delightful lunch were available for purchase at the Sunflower Cafe..
Proceeds from the 2015 A Fair of the Arts helped purchase this desperately-needed school bus for the Notre Dame Educational Centre in Malava, Kenya. The Sisters of Notre Dame de Namur have been active in Kenya since 1965.
1. Sr. Celeste Pagliarulo – knit goods by Sophia Behrowz, cards by Sr. Celeste
2. Sr. Louise O’Reilly – greeting cards, framed photographs
3. Sr. Nancy O’Shea – desktop calendars
4. Sr. Anne Locke – knit goods
5. Sr. Michela Sheehan – woven purses/rugs, corn husk nativity figures
6. Sr. Annette Burkart – hand knit baby clothes
7. Sr. Carol Shoup – knit goods
8. Tom Walsh – bronze sculpture
9. Linda Walsh – high fire ceramics, stoneware and porcelain
10. Denise Miller & Kathy Noether – baby blankets and afghans
11. Plants by Associate Kathy Noether and Sisters Beth Plesche, Annette Burkart, Carol Shoup
12. Jaclyn Shem – sewn items
13. Deanna Kosarajuy – paper, jewelry
14. Thuy Tran – Paper Crafts
15. Gayle Mutiner, Dandelion Soaps
16. Amanda Ruffo, LuLaRoe Clothing
17. Katherine Pham, Baked Goods, Pioneer High School Baking Club
18. Karen Scott – Jewelry
19. Vintage Treasures
Memories of 2016 A Fair of the Arts:
Good news! The 2016 A Fair of the Arts was very successful. We raised more than $18,000!
While we are grateful for the generosity and work of many hands, it was the spirit of joy that carried the day. Through a wonderful collaboration of Sisters, Associates, vendors, student helpers and faculty, we were able to share our heritage and highlight our Notre Dame mission with all our guests.
Special congratulations to the raffle winners:
- 1st Two nights at Villa Angelica, Carmel for eight guests – Ms. Paula Radinski
- 2nd Weekend – Cabin in Camp Connell near Bear Valley – Sr. Ann Stubbe
- 3rd $500 Cash – Joanne Kaczor
- 4th Framed Print by Lynne Clarkin – Patricia McMillan